Friday 15 May 2015

Putting finishing touches on BBC 4 Ident

Now that I had the images moving in the boxes I then put the image sequence I batch rendered from Maya into After Effects, when that was done the video that was created in After Effects had a black background which in my opinion was a bit boring so what I decided to do was add an effect to the background to make it more pleasing to look at. The effect I used was called gradient ramp which created an effect that uses a radial gradient from whit to black, which gives the background a cool looking effect
   Seeing this now I'm thinking that it needs a shadow underneath the boxes because they just look like they're floating in mid air. So what I did was I went back into Maya and batch rendered the shadows of the boxes, then put the image sequence into after effects and put it in the same composition and I placed the shadows above the boxes layer and put the multiple effects on the shadow layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment