Friday 15 May 2015

Lego Stop Motion: Filming and Editing

When I was filming the stop motion animation I was in my college in a dark room because I wanted to get a dark atmosphere, I did this so that I could illuminate different parts of the lego set and the E4 logo. I was also in that room because I was very quiet in there and no one would distract me from my work, plus I wanted to get the filming done in one day so that I wouldn't have to do redo any of the animation on a later day.

The actual filming of the stop animation was a bit hard because the lego set was a bit fidgety and the trees kept falling down when I brushed passed them with my hands whilst I was moving the Indiana Jones figure. Also whist coming to the end of the stop motion animation I forgot about the big rolling all that was suppose to appear, but the ball was going to made from lego but seen as though I forgot I just used some random materials that was in the room. The materials I used was some gaffa tape rolled up in a ball, then I just put some plasticine round the rolled up gaffa tape to look like a big rock.        

After looking back at the stop motion animation I produced I feel like the camera was a bit shaky and some of the movements were a bit faster than what I wanted it to be. However if I mess about with the film in after effects I think that I can solve some of the problems with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment