Tuesday 28 February 2017

Extended Practice: Robot Character Design

The robot character was also referenced from the 2D designs I created, the character wasn't that hard to build due to the simple geometric shapes of the character. The one problem I might have is when I place the girl character on top of this character and some of the limbs on the robot character poke through the girl character, but I can just resize the robot. For the robot I wanted only the joint parts to move and not the actual body itself. To achieve this I'll just have to experiments with painting the weights so that only certain parts on the geometry moves with the joints. 

With this character it took me longer to UV map because of all the different limbs, however it will be easier to texture due to the simple shaped. I also tried to organise the UV so that when I try to add the ramp shaders to do the dissolving effect on the character, the character will start to dissolve from the top down. 



These are some examples of what the character looks like with the dissolving effect is taking place. I found that while the character was dissolving some parts dissolved before others but in the wrong order and the wrong way round. To fix this I'll just have to flip some UV shells around in UV texture editor.



No comments:

Post a Comment