Wednesday 8 February 2017

Extended Practice: Research

THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS Wide Open (feat. Beck) from D O M & N I C on Vimeo.

This is the second video that gave me loads of inspiration for my animation. It's the music video for The chemical Brothers - Wide Open. This video inspired me because of how well the video is shot and framed so that you don't notice when the girls limbs change to a wireframe sculpt, they make the transition look so smooth but fast that you have to look twice before realising that the changes to the girl has happened.

With the behind the scenes video it show you how they've incorporated the live action to the 3D animation of the wireframe effects. This gave me a good idea of how I'd create my animation and what I'd need to do to create this effect in my animation. I won't be copying there method of how they created this video but I will be using it as influence and a tiny bit of guidance.

The team behind the fx used LINDAR scanning and Bespoke in-house software written for this project, the tools in which I will be using are the motion capture facilities at sheffield university and Maya so hopefully I'll be able to create the same effect with them tools.      

No comments:

Post a Comment