Monday 27 February 2017

Extended Practice: Dissolving Tests

Before trying to make my character dissolve I wanted to make sure that I could actually create the effect in Maya. To create the effect I needed to make two different types of ramp shaders, one that was black with white slowly covering the black to create the transparency/disappearing effect, and the other one which was black with a white beam going across it which acted as the emitter for the particles. 

To make the particles fly away I added a volume axis field on top of the ball so that when the particles are emitted from the emitter shader the particles fly off dramatically. With the volume axis field I had to change some of the attributes to get a better look out of the particles when they are flying away. I made the magnitude greater, made the direction of the field go one way, added turbulence and made the particles ignore the gravity within the scene. The out come is shown in the image below.    


Afterwards I wanted to make the particles look more realistic, so I added some motion blur to the particles when I rendered it out with Arnold renderer. The render itself took a full nigh to do because of all the particles that where being emitted, which was about 500,0000 particles.



No comments:

Post a Comment