Monday 27 February 2017

Extended Practice: Character Mocap Tests

After modelling the girl character I then wanted to see what she would look like when I added some motion capture data on to the character. This was an easy process to do, all I had to do was place a human IK skeleton onto the character, and then positioned the skeleton in the same places and the character i.e. place the head joint where the head it and so on. Once I've done this I then bound the character mesh to the skeleton so that when the skeleton moves it would drive the character to move in the same way. 

To add the motion capture data I downloaded and imported some from the internet because I haven't recorded any yet. I then, using the human IK system, made the skeleton in my character reference the other one I got from the internet. 


So looking at the motion capture test above I do need to re paint some of the weights on the character so that her movement don't mess with the geometry. However I feel like other than that it look alright, I might go back and change the shape of the girl just a bit so her body don't look like a square and bring the shoulders forwards a bit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment