Wednesday 8 February 2017

Extended Practice: Research

2016 AICP Sponsor Reel - Dir Cut from Method Studios on Vimeo.

I have two main videos with inspired me for my idea for the animation I am creating. The first video is the one you see about which is Method Studios AICP Sponsor reel, where they show off their particle effects on characters and how they can change the effect smoothly throughout the video.

Another reason why this is very inspirational is because there isn't really much story, it's just people messing around in mocap suite dancing around to a piece of music by Major Lazor. This inspires me because it shows off the ability of the studio and builds there portfolio, which is the main reason for why I'm doing this kind of animation. I want my animation to be fun to watch with no real story or reason behind it, just something to show off what I am able to create.

I'm pretty sure that the fx artist for this animation video used the software Houdini where it is apparently easier to manipulate the particles to make them look and move the way in which you intend. However, for my animation I will be using Maya because for one it's free and two I'm very familier with it because of my work that I did for CoP.  

No comments:

Post a Comment