Thursday 9 February 2017

Extended Practice: Reference Dance / Practice


For the actual dance itself I got my sister who is a professional dancer to choreograph a dance performance. The music was composed by a Leeds College of Music student called Georgia, who I meat at a meet up between both are colleges. The dance that my sister did was more contemporary which is what I wanted, and was inspired from my previous research on the music videos. It took my sister and I one and a half hours to come up with the choreography and I feel like if we keep practicing and going through the dance we'll be able to nail the performance and be ready for capturing the performance through motion capture.   

The place where I went to go film my sister dance was the Dance Studio Leeds building and I rented out a studio for two hours. It's a really nice place to perform and it would be a great location to do some motion capture using the IPI software we have in college. The place is very cheap and spacious and they will allow non profitable filming in there studios, which is great for what I'm wanting to do.     


No comments:

Post a Comment