Wednesday 8 February 2017

Extended Practice: Animation Test / Research


This was my first animation test using nparticles and a stock mocap fpx performance of a character so that I could emit particles from it. It was just a simple dance where I emitted particles from the whole body of the character so that I could see that it would look like and how the particles would fall. I realised that the particles attributes need tweaking loads to make them look good enough and believable, and that the bounce on the particles would have to be small because they would just fly off the screen if any bigger. I also feel like the particles lifespan would be constant and not at random due to the fact it looks strange if the particles just disappear as well.


For this animation test I made the limbs of the character disappear after the particles have been emitted from the limb. I also did the emitting of the particles in stages and not all at ones, so that it gives it more of an effect when a part of the body is disintegrating. With this animation I left the particles visible after they where emitted from the limb to impact on the fact that the character it dissolving away. However the bounce on the particles when they hit the floor need less friction so that they have a little bit more movement. I also want to make the particles interact with the character when the particles are on the floor because it looks like the particles are going straight through the characters foot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment