Thursday 9 February 2017

Extended Practice: Character Designs

These are a couple of character designs I've created on my iPad, there are three different kinds of characters a girl dancer and two different styles of robots. With the girl character I wanted her to look like a contemporary dancer with defining muscle shape and she'll wear a tight leotard so that the girl character can show off the human for. This will exaggerate the fact that the character is changing into a robot throughout the animation.  

With the robot character I wanted it to still have humanistic features and forms so that it doesn't look too different from the girl character. However I won't be giving the character a face because it will emphasize the fact that it's a robot in control and not a human. I also wanted a the joints to be separate from the limbs just so that when the girl character starts to break away you can tell just from an arm that it's a robot underneath the skin.   


The second robot character I created had different styled joints to the other one because I wanted to test out if having piped joints mad the character look more robotic than the previous robot character. I also gave this robot a full face visor just to make the robot look futuristic. I feel like I might end up with a robot character that looks more like this one because it look more robotic but still has a human like form and figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment