Friday 27 November 2015

Character and Narrative: Scene 1-3

In this first scene I animated the spider is walking towards the edge of the tree branch so that it can see the apple on the ground. Animating this scene was quite hard at first because I had to put in a walk cycle but after that it was simple enough, I did after that was make the spiders butt jiggle and also make its body shake so that it looks scared when it look at the distance between the branch and the apple. 

Doing the camera work was interesting because I added a dolly zoom, this is where the camera moves back from the subject/object but also zooms in which gives it that cool effect and adds intensity to the situation. This video below is just a test play blast just so that I can see what the animation will look like, so the spider in the video will have a different texture to it and the lighting will be different in the final edit as well.

All in all I feel like I've done a good job and Oscar seems to approve on it which it good, adding the texture and the lighting will be easy enough to do. One problem did arise when I tried importing the environment into the spider scene file which was that Maya kept crashing on me, so I solved that by importing the spider into the environment scene file and that just scaled both the spider and the environment so that they fit together correctly.    


No comments:

Post a Comment