Thursday 12 November 2015

Caracter and Narrative: Orienting The Controllers To The Skeleton

In this part of making the spider I had to make sure that the orientation of the skeleton is the same as the orientation of the controls, because if I don't make sure there the same when it comes to move the character the character will distort or they will become out of line and rotate differently to what you want the joint to do. 

For this I had to create a null group and attach it the joint and then orient those both together, after you orient them I deleted the null group and parented the joint to the controller and then freezed the transformations. This to me was difficult to understand at first because you have to be careful not to orient the joins in world but orient the joints in object so that the translators actually move right and match up with the controllers. This happened to me the first time I tried to orient the joints and controllers together, so I learnt this the hard way and had to orient the whole thing again.   


No comments:

Post a Comment