Thursday 12 November 2015

Character and Narrative: Orienting Controllers on Demo Character

Orienting the controls was easier this time round because I already knew what I had to do due to me doing it on my spider character before. But on this demo character I had to do something different to what I had to do on me spider, which was I had to to sort out the orientations on the forearm roll because the wrist was at a different angle to the forearm so we had to re arrange the wrist orientation so that was in the same rotation angle as the forearm. This is because the wrist rotates on the forearm and not actually on the wrist. If I didn't do this the wrist would twist at a weird angle and would not look right, it would look deformed. 

This wasn't hard to do this task but it was tedious and long because you had to manually orient the wrist join and then do the whole orientating mumbo jumbo on top of that, but luckily I could only do this once because I could that mirror the new orientated joints across to the other side.     



No comments:

Post a Comment