Wednesday 11 November 2015

Character and Narrative: Creating The Skeleton and Controls

I now had to create a skeleton of the spider and then create some  controllers of the skeleton which would help manipulate the spider. Making the skeleton was easy to do because there was not many joints to create to make the spider move, the hardest part of the skeleton was the legs because the legs were so close together it was hard to see where a joint would go and how far away it was from the other joints. 

I then created some controllers and placed then on the skeleton were the skeleton would be manipulated and again the hardest part was the feet because I had to do eight different controllers for the eight legs there are. I didn't really need that many controls compered to the demo character I created just because the movements of the spider are quite minimalistic. After making the controls I then gave them a set colour, yellow for the middle of the spider, red for the right side of the spider and blue for the left side of the spider. I did this because it will help me see the controls better and it doesn't matter what colour I give the controls because they won't get rendered, however if you make a controller the colour green it will be hard for you to tell which controls you've selected, because when you select a control it turns green to let you know you've selected it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment