Wednesday 11 November 2015

Character and Narrative: Finishing UV mapping

With UV mapping a character I had to go round the mesh and cut round the legs, head body, and then make seams down the sides of what I had separated so that I would be able to unfold the geometry like unfolding a sweetie wrapper. 

After I unfolded the net of the geometry I then had to organise each separate net so that the layout of all the nets put together would give some indication of the spider model. However, I did make one mistake by not cutting a seam correctly down on of the legs so that when I unfolded it, it just turned out to a bunch of squares bundled together. to fix this I had some help from my tutor and what we did was UV mapped the leg itself and then correctly cut down one side of it and unfolded it, then scaled it down to fit into the graph below on the left. 

I found this part simple enough to do once I've got my head around what I was supposed to be doing and I feel like I have UV mapped it well enough to understand hot to texture it later on when it comes to add detail to the spider.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment