Thursday 26 November 2015

Character and Narrative: Making The Environment

For the animation Oscar and I wanted to have a park like environment for the spider and inchworm to be in. So this is what I've done in Maya, I created the big tree in the middle and then to make thing easier I just duplicated the big tree and changed the tree a bit so that its' not a an exact duplicate. I've also made a walk path to make it look like a park and a little pond round the tree so that it isolates the spider and inchworm from the rest of the trees. I did this so that it give the spider a purpose to get the apple at the bottom of the tree because it can't cross through the water.

I also made a UV texture map for the trees so that I can give it to Oscar so that he can his textures on the trees. Making the UV texture maps was simple enough to do because they were just boxes, but he hardest thing in this scene was probably organising the trees in the outliner and name everything because I did that all at the end, so I had to go through all the different trees to figure out which one is which then name and order them. I did this to make it easier for Oscar to texture the right tree.   

I would of liked to make this scene bigger and have more trees in it but if I did that it would take so long to render every scene out which is what I don't want. I feel like I've done a good job of creating a park like environment and I like how the trees are evenly spaced out between one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment