Saturday 21 November 2015

Character and Narrative: Adding Custom Controllers on Demo Character

Putting in the custom controls was really interesting to me because making things move how you want with just one click of a button made me feel like I was achieving new skills in maya and once I got the hang of creating custom controls I could do this process quite quick.

What I had to do was make controls for the hand so that the fingers would curl into a fist. I did this by  selecting the thumb and then going into set driven keys and then loading up the hand controller and then messing with the attributes and hitting key till you get what you want. 

For the feet I had to do the same but I had to do four different custom controllers which manipulated the foot in different ways, for instance pealing the heal, making the toe tap, making the character stand on the tip of its toe, and doing a toe twist. doing this was harder than the hand because some of the controls had to be created with other controls like the stand tip had to be created with the toe tap and peal heal together.       



No comments:

Post a Comment