Monday 18 January 2016

Animated Documentary: Audio Editing

Editing the audio was simple enough to do because it was just the matter of cutting some silent bits out and then getting rid of any pops or crackling noises in the audio. The hardest part was putting together the two stories because at first we where going to have it where Molly spoke first for a minute and then I spoke for the other minute so that both stories where separate to one another but after speaking with are tutor we wanted to do something different.

What we did was we decided to intertwine the stories together because they're both talking about loosing a father but in different ways, plus both stories are different enough to establish that they're both talking about different fathers so the audience won't get confused by whats going on in the stories hopefully.

I put my first edit of the audio onto the google drive that me and my partners share so that I could get some feedback on what I've done. After a while I got feedback off of Molly and she said that it was very good but it would sound better if the ending of both are stories where at the end because what I had done was ended Molly's story 3/4 of the way in and then ended with the end of my story.

I now have gone back and re edited the audio so that both endings where now at the end and now listening back to the audio it sound better and more emotional because it has a good build to it and finishes on a serious note.


No comments:

Post a Comment