Monday 11 January 2016

Animated Documentary: Research


This is a 'Draw My Life' video where a YouTuber called Markiplier has drawn out his life and showing us his journey and struggles he had to go through within his life. I find this video inspirational because style wise its simplistic and sometimes cartoony but when it gets to the serious part the art style doesn't disrespect the story which is what I'm wanting in are animation. I know this isn't an animation but it's still affective in how it portrays the story, with are animation we where thinking of this kind of style but having a background that also represents the person we're talking about.

The story in this video is also inspirational because he talks about cancer and how that affected him in his life, which is very similar to my story so it is very relatable. This also shows me how I can structure my story and how I can portray it to the public in a way where I won't start to get emotional and make it hard from me to talk about my struggles. I feel like Markiplires story is powerful because of the structure of it because he talks about his childhood then moves on about his family and friends, then moves on to the hard part where his father gets cancer and then passing away, he moves on to tell us how he coped but then he got stuck in a rut and ended up loosing a lot, and ended up in hospital. From this point he decided to change his life around and start doing what he wanted to do and not what he thought he had to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment