Monday 18 January 2016

Animated Documentary: Visual Research

Molly then came to me with some visual character research and asked me what I thought about it so that she knew what to draw that would be suitable for the stories narrative. The visual research where two mood boards, one of them filled with orangutang character designs and the other was filled with cat character designs.

 For the apes I told her that I liked the top two pictures because they are simplistic and not too childish for the narrative. I also like how they show family and emotion within the illustrations. So I told molly to design some orangutangs like that.  
    For the cat designs I liked that angular cat at the top right because the shape can represent fearness, but I also like the bottom left cat design because it is also simple, so I said to Molly to merge the two together and create a cat that shows these together that can represent her dad in her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment