Monday 18 January 2016

Animated Documentary: Animation Visual Development

After making molly the art director, she proposed an idea of making the characters none human and maybe making the characters in to animals instead. She mentioned doing this because are audience is to the young so replacing the human characters to animal characters may lighten up the adult content of which we talk about to the young. At first I wasn't so sure about the idea because I thought that it was a bit disrespectful to the stories we are telling, but molly explained that the animals we would be represented by would also represent us. For instance for my story I would be represented by an orangutang because they're strong and ginger like my father and also I always used to climb things and jump around when I was younger so an orangutang is best fit for both me and my father. Where as Molly will be represented by Cats because they are very unpredictable and can go from being very calm to very aggressive in an instance, which best represents molly's story.

I thought on it for a while but finally warmed up to the idea and allowed molly to start designing characters for the animation, Malachi also liked the idea to because Molly and Malachi was having some difficulty coming up with a style to draw Molly and I in. Molly also mentioned that she was going to design the characters in a naive style and not a cartoony style because that might be too insulting to our stories.

Below are some of Molly's concept designs for are animal characters:      



No comments:

Post a Comment