Monday 11 January 2016

Animated Documentary: Developed Idea

After speaking to are tutor and telling him about are idea of me speaking out about how it was hard from me growing up without a father, and he told us that it might get too hard from me to do and that it might be better if we where to get other peoples stories in are documentary. Luckily, but not, Molly my co-worker on the brief also does not see her father any more but for different reasons, so we where now thinking that if I speak about my father for 1 minute and then Molly speaks about her father for the other minute there will be a nice comparison of stories about fathers but the stories will be different in ways which Molly's father is still alive and mine is not.

We where thinking after we've spoken about are fathers we where then going to figure out what kind of art style we where going to do because in are team we've all got different art styles, for instance Malachi is more a 2D digital animator, Molly is a 2D traditional animator and I'm more of a 3D and compositing animator. Are plan is to draw out Molly and me but draw us out really simplistically and focus of are main characteristics so that we're more iconic. For example for Molly's character will have multicoloured hair, a noise ring and stretched ears, where as my character will have wavy hair and some stubble. The animation style will be 2D digital/traditional animation and in a style like the 'Draw my life' videos but the backgrounds will show sentimental things about are fathers i.e. pictures, pieces of clothing and objects that remind us of are fathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment