Tuesday 5 January 2016

Applied Animation: Animated Documentary

The first module of 2016 is in Applied Animation where we got a new brief called 'Animated Documentary' where we have to group up and produce a documentary on one of the four themes which are: Environment, Mental Health, Family, and Sport.

To begin this brief off we had to write are names on a piece of paper and fold them up and then place them on the theme that we wanted to do. So I wrote my name and placed it onto the family theme, after every one had done that the tutors went round the class and asked every one to say why they chose that theme and what rough idea they had for the theme. I knew I wanted to do something about family and I knew I wanted it to be emotional and deep because in the last couple of briefs I always did something with comedy and so I wanted a change. Whilst the tutors where asking other people what they wanted to do it gave me time to think about what I could do and I came up with the idea to doing a documentary about my own experience about loosing a father when I was young and how that effected me when I was growing up.

When everyone finished saying what they wanted to do the tutors helped us get into groups of 2/3, they did this by pairing up people how had similar ideas/concepts and how wanted to do different roles in the animation process. I got paired up with Molly and Malachi because they both wanted to something about family and something emotional which is similar to my idea. I feel like we've got a good partnership because I've known Malachi for 3 years now and Molly I've known for two years and we're good friends.

Our idea is to do an interview with Molly and I about are childhood and the issues we've had with are fathers because there similar in which we don't see them any more but different because of why we don't see them any more. We want to aim this towards a younger audience to raise awareness and to say how we coped with the difficult situations which could help other people feel better and understand about there situations more.

In the animation industry people have different roles in the process so we have done the same thing in are team. My roles in the module are director, scriptwriter, post producer and animator.      

No comments:

Post a Comment