Friday 5 February 2016

Animated Documentary: Storyboard and Animatic

Now that we had the recording done we then could get together a storyboard for the animation, so I told Malachi to do d quick storyboard so that we can figure out what the animation will look like and how it will flow with the audio. When Malachi produced a rough storyboard Molly and I looked over it and gave Malachi feedback, which was that some of the shots in the storyboard were a bit static and there was not enough different camera angle shots. I then told Malachi to create a storyboard in photoshop so that it would be neat and professional with colour and to take another look at the characters Molly designed just so that he could draw in that style.

When Malachi told us that he finished the storyboard he put it in google drive so that Molly and I could look and critique it. Molly and I both said that Malachi didn't draw out the characters in the style we wanted and that he just did it in his style so that he could work on the camera angles and shot framing more, and I must ambit that he did a good job with that. However, I wanted it to be in the style we wanted so that other people can see how are animation will be projected towards are target audience the young.

So before I could start on the animatic I had to go back and redraw out the storyboard so that it will be drawn in the right style. I though if I did this it would be quicker to do and so that I could get what I want from a storyboard. It did not take me too long to redraw out the whole storyboard, I think it took about three hours to do the whole thing in photoshop but I was also watching TV at the same time. Now that I've done the storyboard I can work on the animatic and hopefully get that done by next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment