Friday 13 March 2015

Visual Language: Form, Flow and Force: Like a Puppet on Strings

In this exercise we had to produce 4 A2 drawings of a squash and stretch sequence which had to have 12 poses in it. My models in this were Callum, Katy, Matt, and Oscar which again posed in some weird ways to make them interesting to draw.

Throughout the drawings I tried to use different media to draw with like oil pastil, brush pen, ball point pen, and a blue coloured pencil.

In my opinion I think that some of my drawing are good but some are again out of proportion which can be because there was a time limit on how long the pose had to be which was about 10 seconds.  

This drawing to the left I feel was not my best work because its too sketchy and very rough, but that might be because I used a ball point pen to draw with, which to me I don't like drawing with but I thought if I tried it I might get better drawing with pen.

The drawing to the right was created with the brush pen, which I feel like using the brush pen gives me smoother lines.

One thing I did notice about using the brush pen was that if I drew too fast the pen the ink wouldn't come out fast enough so it would leave streaky lines, so I had to go lower to counter act this.

I used a blue animating pencil to produce these sketches so thats why the drawing looks a bit faded. I feel like I've captured the human figure well but most of the drawing overlap so you cannot really see the lines the good, so to change this I would either draw smaller or get a bigger piece of paper next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment