Monday 2 March 2015

Initial Ideas of the BBC 4 Ident

 For the BBC 4 idents I found it a bit difficult to come up with ideas because looking at the current idents most of them are live action so it was difficult to think of an animation.

One of the ideas was that I was going to do a 3D animation, which contains boxes that have a picture of the shows which are broadcasted on BBC 4. This animation will have a camera which pans round to each box and views the image of the program, then the camera does a 180 degrees turn to reveal all the boxes stacked like a pyramid with the BBC 4 logo on top. To me this is a good idea but will be difficult for me to animate because I've only just started using Maya and After Effects so there will be a lot of YouTube tutorials to watch.

The second idea that I had was to film a droplet landing in water, then split screen that on the other side but in revers with the BBC 4 logo in the middle. This is a simple idea to me because it's an effective way of showing a calm animation which is what most of the BBC 4 idents are.


  
The third idea I had was to do a time laps of me drawing out a character from the show that was broadcasted next in the schedule and having the BBC 4 logo ing the corner or something. To me this was a good idea because it would give more creativity to the ident I would be producing .

The forth idea was a stop motion animation using lego to create the actual BBC 4 logo, but in My opinion it was too simplistic and not very creative so I've decided not to make this my final animation idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment