Tuesday 17 March 2015

Evaluation- Visual Language

Throughout this Visual Language module I’ve found that some of the briefs were difficult but also helpful because it improves your abilities to draw, which to me I feel I need to improve on my drawing and I also need to keep drawing and just draw where ever I go. For the Set, Series, Sequence brief I felt like that one wasn’t so hard but the longest because we had to draw quite a lot of images which related to a word we chose, but in my opinion I would of liked to do more experimentation within the drawings especially when it came to the eight images which we had to explore a rang of ways to draw the same image. I do like my final twelve drawings for it because I felt like I thought outside the box for the word flight because I did a free runner running after a man.

The next brief was the environmental story telling which I did like but again another long one because of the fifteen images we had to draw. For one of my scenes I was on a cruse so I went to Brugge (in Belgium) to draw the environment and the architecture, but I did only do them in pencil because I didn’t have any of my equipment with me so I would of liked to use colour if I could change it.

In the Take 5 brief I had to listen to sound and then animate what I heard, which to me was quiet hard because I had to use my imagination. Most of the sounds were easy to work out like an explosion. I think that my most successful animation I did was the stop motion animation made from paper, this is because I felt it was the best one that represented the sound of a quarry explosion and because I put the most effort in to it.

For the brief ‘You Spin Me Right Round’ I drew my beats headphones twelve times in different poses so that when they were put together the headphones spun round. I did this all digitally because I prefer it to traditional plus I feel that drawing digitally helps with colouring and outlining, but I did loose track with the colours I used so half way through the animation the headphones change colour. If I was to do anything different to the animation I would make it either black and white or make a note of what colours I’m using and colour it all again.

For the final brief I had to draw the human form in many ways like squashing and stretching, walk cycles, and poses. I found this exercise interesting because of the time limits we had to draw within, also I feel like some of my drawing have improved and did try and use different media whilst drawing people. I would of liked to use more watercolors in the drawings but the paper I was using wasn’t suitable.

Overall I think that my time management was good because I did nearly everything on time, but in the future modules I would like to produce a timetable of when I need to do work and for how long I need to do it of.            




  

No comments:

Post a Comment