Thursday 11 May 2017

Extended Practice: Sound Design

I can't remember if I've mentioned this before but for the sound I got a student from Leeds College of Music to score a track for me so that I'd have some original music and not have to deal with copy-write infringements. Georgie Ward is the girl that I got to help me with the music that would go with my animation, I chose her because of her techno like genre of music she produced and it would fit in well with the aesthetic of my animation.

I found that working with her was very easy and we got along great, there were not arguments over how the music should sound, if I wanted something changing she was happy to apply the changes. There was a time though where we spent at least three weeks just not communicating to each other because we were too busy doing our own thing, but it didn't really effect the music that much so it didn't really matter.

Georgie's work ethic was good, she started of sharing a playlist with me on soundcloud so that I could get a better feel of her work and then I could choose out of the tracks that she gave me which one I thought would suit my animation best. She then did multiple examples of the track that I chose so I could get a better feel for the track and again I picked the better one so that she could develop that one further. This is what she came back with:


After listening to the track and creating the animation I messaged her back to ask if it could be possible to make the track only 2 minutes and 10 seconds long because that's how long my animation is. Fortunately her response was yes and she edited the track down to fit me specifications, but she also added more into the track to give it a but more personality. So this is what I got back from her:



No comments:

Post a Comment