Thursday 4 May 2017

Extended Practice: Creating the Particles

The particles where the fun part of the animation, this is where I could experiment with different effects on the particles and make them look dramatic when flowing off of the character. The particles were emitted from the beam texture, that way the particles can follow the transitioning from the girl to the robot. 

Due to the scale of the scene the particles had to be sized up so that the audience could see the particles. I did this because if I added more particles into the scene my computer wouldn't handle the physics and the amount of particles in the scene, I already have 5000000 particles in the scene so any more would crash the computers. Also I am unable to create motion blur on the particles due to the fact that the render time will increase because the render will have to scrub through the timeline a couple of time before rendering each frame and for my animation it will take a long time for it to scrub through the timeline. 

To make the particles actually fall I gravity field to the scene and made the floor of the studio a passive collider, this will stop the particles from falling through the floor. When I did this the particles fell in a linear fashion which wasn't appealing, so because I didn't want to stress the computers more I got rid of the gravity field. To make the particles fall with style I placed a volume axis field and manipulated the field so that the particles were being pushed downwards. I chose the volume axis field because with it you can add turbulence, this will make the fall of the particles more dramatic and interesting.       





No comments:

Post a Comment