Tuesday 9 May 2017

Extended Practice: Rendering

For my animation and seen as though it's 3D I decided to render my animation on a render farm. I chose to do this because it will render my frames quicker than the computers at Uni but it will be very expensive. I wanted to go with a render farm called Rebus Farming, however I found out quite late that due to the fact that I'm using Arnold renderer, Rebus Farming can't render my frames because they don't support Arnold renderer. So I quickly did some more research on render farms which support Arnold renderer, and I found a couple one which was Rendernation and the other one which was Garage farms. Rendernation looked expensive and I couldn't get a quick quote on how much it will cost to use there render farms. This left Garage Farms, there website was simple to use, and they had a plug in where you can use there software within the 3D application you're using so that you don't have to upload it to there website.


UNFORTUNATELY when I tried to render my frames using Garage Farming the frames came back where the characters were transparent (look at image below), but when I rendered it out on my computer they were fine. This set me back a bit, in money because it cost my about £500, and in time because I only have around under 2 weeks left to render 2880 frames.


So my plan is to use the computer in the AV computer room at Uni as my main render farm and then use my two big computers at home that can churn out quite a few frames in minutes. I'll spread out the frames throughout the computers and render 100 frames per computer, this will hopefully speed this along and I figure that it will take around a week to render all my frames and then a couple of days to do post production and the press pack.  

No comments:

Post a Comment