Thursday 11 May 2017

Extended Practice: Editing animation together / Post Production

Editing together my final animation and compositing it wasn't too hard to do, but I did have to wait until all my renders were done so that I could finish it. The way I had to edit my animation together was that when I rendered out my animation I only rendered out a hundred frames at a time so that meant me having to go through loads of file and importing about 40 odd different folders which had image sequences in so that I could place them on the timeline. This was a bit tedious to do but it made me think more about different shots and what would look better at what point in the animation i.e. a back shot or a front shot.


I did all the credits in After Effects and I use a plug-in called 'Trapcode Particular' for the main title. I did it this way because I wanted the title to represent the animation but I didn't want to go for any crazy typography. I managed to create a title that uses particles using some simple methods of masking and particle emission, this was also to add more visual effects in to the animation and it shows the audience from the start what's going to happen in the animation.


I also did some colour correcting on the animation using the 'Lumetri Colour' where I basically just experimented with the contrast, exposure, shadows, highlights etc. This helped pop and define colours within the animation and make the animation look like a professional film. As well as this I placed another effect onto the composition and added some black bars across the top and bottom of the screen to give it that widescreen / cinema look and feel to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment