Thursday 4 May 2017

Extended Practice: More of Modelling for Emma

More of Emma work now, I've modelled more things like a bridge, bench and a lamp post. With the three that I've just mentioned I tried to keep them as simple and low poly as possible so that when it come to texturing them it will make life easier. The bridge was made to look old, wonky and run down but I will be adding more detail to it like rope inbetween the railing and the footpath and I'll probable make some on the planks on the footpath look broken. 

The lamp pole and the bench were easy to model, however I'll be placing them into a park environment with a footpath infront of the both of them. I still need to build the park environment which entails me modelling trees and grass but hopefully this won't take too long to do. I'm modelling in a low poly aesthetic because I feel like this will fit into Emmas animation appropriately plus with the toon texturing on the models it will make the 3D environment blend in more with the 2D characters. 

At the minute I haven't fully textured the models because I'm still waiting on Emma to give me the colour sheets to use for the toon shaders. We also need to sit down and talk about where the objects are going to be placed in the environments like the park and the forest etc. I have however been able to texture the cabin fully because Emma has sorted out the colour sheets for it, so the cabin has a two shade toon shader on it giving it that cartoon 2D aesthetic. The lighting isn't correct on it yet though because I need to build a little village using the cabin but the light on it now is just an indication on how the village cabins will look in the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment