Thursday 4 May 2017

Extended Practice: Positioning Cameras

At first I wanted the animation to be in one big shot where the camera just moved round the performer / characters because I wanted a smooth flowing aesthetic to the animation. However, doing this would mean longer render times which I done have plus it would be more complicated when it can to distributing the frames between computers due to the particles not flowing exactly.

So what I ended up doing was placing two different cameras at each end of the dance studio looking 180 degrees from each other. This way I can capture the performance in different angle while making the render time not as huge. This will also help when it comes to editing the animation in post production because I'll have more control over what I what shown in each shot and I can choose what camera has the better angle for the right shot.

I also chose to have two cameras because while the characters are dancing the data from the motion capture gets a tad jumpy making the performance a tad jumpy. To fix this problem I made it so the cameras jump from one another when the jumpyness of the performance takes place, doing this will hide the small glitches in the performance.

Looking back at my animatic the camera position was static but that wasn't my main idea back then, I did from the start want the camera to be constantly moving throughout the animation. But representing this in the animatic would make the performance look a bit all over the place and people wouldn't understand it. This is why for the animatic I kept the camera in one position and focused on the particles breaking away from the characters.    

No comments:

Post a Comment