Wednesday 8 March 2017

Extended Practice: Environment Design

I was thinking for the environment I just wanted to keep it plane and simple, so I decided to have a dance studio seen as though the main character is a dancer. I started of by roughing out a quick sketch of the studio, I wanted the traditional full mirrored wall and a beam to make the studio look authentic. I didn't want too much detail because if I did the render time would take too long and don't forget the character will be in the scene as well which will double the render time. For the rendering I am using Arnold Renderer due to there realistic looking renders (as you can tell from the second image).


As for the actual 3D image I created in Maya, you can see that I've added a single light on the roof but that might change to more than one light, I've also given the studio a background out of the windows so that it looks like the studio is in the city. Doing that I just placed a 360 image based light around the studio and tried to make some natural light come through the windows. For the texturing I just grabbed some realistic looking textures from google but with the brick wall I will probably bump map it so that it makes the wall look 3D and believable. However, I feel like the mirrored wall will need some work to it because at the minute you can't really tell that it is a mirrored wall, it just looks like a big room that has a beam running through the middle of it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment