Monday 13 March 2017

Extended Practice: Dissolving The Girl Character

I realised that when I've been testing with the dissolving effect I've been doing it on the robot character, even though in my animation I won't be dissolving the robot character it will be the girl character that's going to be dissolving. So what I did was I used the automatic mapping tool in Maya to unwrap my characters UV texture map, and then used a ramp shader to move along the UV map of the character to create the disappearing effect and to use the ramp shader as the particle emitter. 

This created a different disappearance effect on the characters than the previous tests that I've done on the robot character. This disappearance effect looked like the character was disappearing in little blocks or pixels, which looked quite strange but I presented the animation to my peers and they said that the effect actually suited the aesthetic of my animation. The effect had something to do with the way the automatic mapping unwrapped the girls UV texture map.         


What I'm going to do is create another way of making the girl character disappear so that she does't vanish in small square pixels to see how it looks. If it looks better than obviously I'll be using that way in my final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment