Sunday 12 March 2017

Extended Practice: Emma's Environments (Cabin)

Starting with the cabin I tried to model it in a old, rundown 'cabin in the woods' kind of aesthetic, but also making the cabin look toony as well. To make the cabin look toony I gave it a curved exaggerated roof and wonky wooden panels. I wanted to have a lot of detail on the cabin just so that it gave the cabin more character and made it look like it had a history. I did this by placing wooden stilts to hold up the roof, making the house stand on rocks and wooden beams and making some of the wooden frames on the fence tilted and worn out. I still feel like expanding the detail on the cabin by adding some stubs in-between the steps and maybe placing a lamp on the side of the porch. 


I also created some UV texture maps for Emma so that she could texture it how she wanted so that the style of the character will match the style of the environment. Below you will see two different texture maps, the fist one is a map of the windows on the cabin. I feel like it demonstrates the layout of the window clearly and when I showed this map to Emma she understood what was going on in the map. I've separated the window texture map from the cabin texture map because they are two different meshes, plus with the windows the character needs to be seen through the window.


The second UV texture map is of (if you've guessed it) the cabin, where I've tried to keep it simple with minimal separations of the mesh to make the UV map flat. The map I feel is easy to follow and some bit are easier to figure out what they are then others. The big rectangle like shape at the top left hand corner is the roof, top right is the end bits of the roof at the back, below that in the back of the cabin, underneath that is the boor rims and just underneath that to the left a bit, is the underneath part of the overhang on the roof. The rest I believe is pretty straight forward and you'll understand what hey are.  


No comments:

Post a Comment