Tuesday 28 March 2017

Extended Practice: Robot Character Dancing

I've also produced a short dance with the robot character using some mocap samples from the Maya to see how the particles would fall off the character. This animation was only done in low resolution because I was more bothered about the flow of the animation and not the look, I also wanted to see how long it would take for the computers to render this animation. It turned out that it took about 16-20 hour to render the full animation, which is a bit worrying due to the fact that this animation is only 260 frames long and my final animation will be about 2880 frames long. The fact that the animation took this long to render is because I added motion blur to the scene so when it was rendering, the timeline had to scrub through the animation three times before rendering the frame so that it could get a good idea how the particles were going to blur.

Looking at this animation though I will change how the weights are painted on the robot character because the mesh it looking a bit deformed in some poses. I also will change how the particles will fall off the character, and maybe just have a gravity field in the scene so that when the character spins round the particles fly off in the direction of the spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment