Tuesday 28 March 2017

Extended Practice: IPI First Test

This was the first time using this software and to be honest it was really fun to use. I got my tutor Annabeth to teach me how to use the software and to perform for me. I realised very quickly that when using this software you only get a two meter space from each camera to perform in, so I'll have to rethink the performance that I've choreographed with Sophie (the dancer). This isn't too much of a problem but I will have to set time aside to go to a studio and re-choreograph the performance.

It doesn't take too long to set up the program and record stuff the only tedious part of the program is when you bake the data from the performance onto the character, because you have to watch out for parts of the body not tracking properly. For example the arm could get stuck inside the body and stay there while the data for that arm carries on moving around not baking the arm properly.

There are a few things as well to look out for when using the IPI software, i.e. there are some poses you can do due to your arm or leg won't get captured, your fingers won't get captured and your hand will just have straight fingers throughout the animation, and the motion of your head won't get captured unless you have a Wii remote or a Play Station remote stuck to your head.    

No comments:

Post a Comment