Tuesday 28 March 2017

Extended Practice: IPI Second Test With Katy And I

After testing out the software of the first time, I thought it would be a good idea to do another test where I experiment with the software capturing fast motion. So to do this I grabbed Katy, who was also a dancer, and got her to do a couple of dance moves for me testing out the speed of which how fast you can kick a leg and the cameras capturing that speed in good quality. This little exercise I feel went pretty well and the IPI software was able to capture most of the performance. 

I had the character and the data separate when I exported the animation so that I could get a good understanding of how the two looked different and how much detail got captured from the performance. The only problems with the performance on the character is that some limbs do go into the body and also the back does look like it's broke at one point in the animation. The character in this video isn't on that I build I just got it from a software called 'Make Human' as a reference of what a character would look like with the motion capture data on it.
  

I also made another test using myself as the performer to experiment with the different angles and poses you could do in the space that the software could pick up. I also did this so that I could have a go at performing because it looked fun to do. I noticed as well that in my performance the IPI software didn't do well in capturing feel because there is a part in my performance where I stand still and rotate my body left and right but when that got captured the software read that movement as if I was moving my whole body left ad right, which meant my feet was moving like they were hovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment