Sunday 12 March 2017

Extended Practice: Animatic

Before creating an animatic you'll need a storyboard however, with my animation there really isn't much story it's just someone dancing and then they disintegrate revealing a robot in there place. So I thought that I'd do an animatic first that shows the main stages on the transformation and what actions the characters will be doing along with the sound track I got from the music student Georgia I've been working with. The reason that the animation doesn't really have a story is because I wanted to create something that demonstrated my abilities and that would look good in my showreel / portfolio. 

Within this animatic I've also placed the video I took of the dancer when we were rehearsing and choreographing the dance so that people would get a better understanding of the movements and the performance in the animation. I've had feedback from people watching this animatic and they've said that they really like the beginning where the dancer walks in-front of the camera because it adds drama to the performance and they've also said that they understand how the girl character will transform into the robot character more wen they watch the animtic. Another thing said was that it might be good if I experiment with the camera angles and have the camera weaving in and out from the characters.          



No comments:

Post a Comment