Tuesday 1 December 2015

Character and Narrative: Scene 9-12

In this scene the spider just saw the inchworm jump off the edge of the branch and now gets pumped for jumping off the edge itself so it can eat the apple as well. 

I found animating this scene quite hard seen as though it has the most movement in it that I have to animate. For the scene I luckily could copy the same walk cycle as the one I used before, but I had to copy one leg at a time so it still took a long time to do. Then I had to figure out how I was going to move the spider from the side of the branch to the middle of the branch, so I solved this by making the spider jump into the middle. Creating the jump was difficult because of the amount I had to move in one for example the feet controllers, the neck/root controller and the main controller, this made me get very confused of what I was key framing and what needed to move where. 

After getting the right movements with the legs and head I then had to think about the secondary motion on the butt because it needs to jiggle. With the camera we thought about doing multiple shots when the spider is pumping itself up so that it would be more dramatic, I then thought it would be even better if we made the camera go in to the spider to first person view for when the spider crawls over the edge because I thought it would look cool if you got to see what the spider saw.       


No comments:

Post a Comment