Friday 4 December 2015

Character and Narrative: Post Production Part 3

 There is parts in the animation where the camera is above the characters and for me to do this I had to remove the top of the tree. Doing this takes away the shadows on the branch and characters, so to solve this problem I had to fix it in post production by duplicating the scene layer in After Effects and then creating a mask where the shadow would be and then just manipulating the colour in the mask to make it look like a shadow and then just feathering out the edges which makes the shadow look believable.

For the last scene I wanted to add a motion blur to the spider when it flings back up to the tree. I was finding it hard to do because I couldn't get it to work because I was being dumb. I got Oscar to help me and he told me to turn on frame blending on the time line and it worked so now the spider is blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment