Friday 4 December 2015

Character and Narrative: Rendering

I had a few problems with rendering everything out, it was either due to the computers at college being really slow so I had to stop the rendering and start it agin at home on my laptop over night, or that Maya no the college computers just wouldn't open of me.

but even before I could render I was having a problem with my character, which was that every time I rendered it out the spider would just turn out to be black which isn't the right colour its supposed to be, it's supposed to be light brown. To fix this problem I got my tutor to look at it for me and he said that I saved the texture image on photoshop wrong and that maya wasn't recognising it. It was because when I was saving the texture image I was saving it when the format options was on 'progressive' instead of 'baseline ("standard")'. This fixed the problem and it was rendering out fine for now.

Another thing that happened to me was that I did something very stupid, which was I rendered out the wrong maya scene which had the type of lighting on so it casted different shadows on the tree and the spider. Where as the other scene was the updated version which had better lighting. I didn't notice this until I put the entire last scene together in After Effects because the lighting changed half way through. It wasn't to much of a pain to fix because I only had to render out 32 more frames to fix this but it's just that I had to re-render the scene again that annoyed me.

I think I messed this up because I was rendering out on about four different computers at the same time to I might of got confused on which scene I was rendering on which computer. I think I learnt that I need to keep my things more organised and labeled correctly.



   
   The image to the right shows how much I had to render out, and in each folder there is about 100-200 images of the animation and over all it comes to about 6.17GB worth of images I had. Also this file only contains half of our animation because Oscar rendered out the other half of the animation. We rendered the images as TIFs so that when we import them into After Effects we can change the black in the image to a sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment