Friday 4 December 2015

Character and Narrative: Post Production Part 2


 Now that I've done with the colour correction part I can now think about placing a sky into the scene because it's just a white background at the minute. Oscar and I had a couple of thoughts about putting a realistic sky in the background with a sun and sky but we didn't think that would fit the style of the animation.

What I came up with instead was an effect in After Effects which is called a gradient ramp, this will help give the effect of a sky in our animation. I created this gradient ramp by creating a new solid layer in After Effects and then just added the effect to the solid layer, and the scene which has been rendered out as tif formats makes the scene images transparent, this helps see the gradient background when you put the two together.

I found this quite simple enough to do because I've done this kind of thing before so I knew what I was doing, However I did need to ask for Oscars help when it came to adding motion blur to the next scene.

Giving this scene the dolly zoom effect was quite hard to do and I kept gutting confused with the layers I was working on. To get the effect I had to duplicate the scene layer and then add the gaussian blur effect the the back layer. after I did that I then had to mask the top layer so that the blur would come through and you'd be able to see the blurred background and the clear bit on top. That was the simple bit the hard bit was swapping them round when the apple seemed to get closer to the spider, because I didn't know the simplest way to do that and I tried to do loads of things but the way I did it was I added two blurs and faded one out and the other in to achieve the effect.

I showed this to Oscar and he said that it looked good but the blur could be more intense, so that it intensified the situation. I did just that and made the blur even blurrier and hopefully this will increase the appeal of the animation.











No comments:

Post a Comment