Friday 25 March 2016

Responsive: Collaborative brife - Dazed Post Production

As well as putting together Malachi's and Olivia's animations I also had to pace effects and tweak the videos a bit in After Effects so that the videos will be able to work together. For this to work I framed them up the same way and I added a mask to all the videos so that it draws your attention to the animation that happening on screen. I also added the effect on the Dazed logo on the end of all the videos as well so that they match up and that you know that they are all part of the same group. The picture below shows you how all the animations look like at the end of the video, this shot is from the stop motion animation I did but all videos end in the same kind of way.

There where a couple of problems throughout the brief from the other group members because I said to them that I wanted all their work in to me by the 10th of March so that I could get all the post production done in time for the deadline which was on the 16th of March. However, they decided to give me some of their work on the 10th but not all their work because they hadn't finished it which for me was quite annoying because that meant that I had to wait for that to finish their work so I could put everything together. But once I got everything I sorted it all out quite fast so I was able to submit it earlier then I expected on the 14th. 

Along with the for videos we also had to produce a behind the scenes video of how we created the videos and just talk through the process of making the animation. For this I just did a time laps recording of me animating the stop motion animation, which shows how I worked and what I was doing. The others also did videos of themselves drawing out frames for their animation and then they gave me the footage and then I had to put them all together in After Effects and subtitle what they where doing. Seen as though they didn't do time lapses of them drawing I had to speed up their videos in After Effects to create a time laps look because we only had 30 seconds for thus video which isn't that much time to talk through what we did, that's why I subtitled everything we where doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment