Thursday 3 March 2016

Responsive: 11 Second Club - Final Animtion

After rendering my animated characters out in Maya I then imported the image sequence into after effects and started editing the animation in there.

The first thing I did was sorting out the different shots I had in the animation like the over the shoulder shot and the side on view shot. Then I added in a background so that it looks like the characters are standing in a room or at least on the ground, and I did this just by using the gradient ramp effect.
I then placed in some text in to the animation and make them look 3D by angling them slightly to the side, so that the text looks like it is facing the other character. I also duplicated the text and then placed the duplicated text on the floor so that it looks like it has a shadow, this also makes it look 3D.

After adding the text I then placed in images of the different meat the is said through out the animation, for example when one of the characters says "pork" an image of a pig comes up on screen. I feel like the hardest part of editing the animation was putting in the shadows because using the 3D tool in after effects is difficult us use for me because I couldn't get the right angle I wanted for ages.

With the animation now done, I uploaded the animation to the 11 Second Club website, however there website isn't as clear as it seems because when I uploaded it, it said that "if your entry plays properly, you're all set. You can update your entry by visiting the link any time before the competition ends" however when you click on the link it'll just take you back to where you submitted your animation in the first place. So the website didn't really give you any confirmation that your animation has been accepted.


On the second of Feb, after the competition had ended, I went on the site and looked at all 300+ peoples animations so that I could figure out if my animation had been accepted.

After a while of looking at the animations I got worried that mine didn't get put up, but I got down to like the last twenty animations and mine was up there and it made me so happy!



This is what my animation looks like on the 11 Second Club website.

No comments:

Post a Comment