Tuesday 22 March 2016

Responsive: Collaboration Brief - Animating Groups Work

I was given the task of animating Malachi's and Olivia's characters once they've done producing them. Well what I would actually call it editing and adding effects to what they have done rather than animating, I did all this in After Effects because it's more of a post production software and I know how to use it because I've got 4 years experience in it. 

For Malachi's work he produced 22 different drawings in black and white of the same girl but her appearance changes in each drawing. What I did with this was that I imported them into After Effects and made them into an image sequence so that the video would flick through them all with speed but I also elongated the time on some images so that you'd be able to see some of the drawings Malachi had created and what the girl looked like throughout the animation. 

I also made the background black just so the that there is more attention to the character and I also made a radial wave effect that fades in/out in characters, plus this radial wave flows with the beat of the music that Malachi created as well.  

With Olivia's work she animated 10 scenes that are between 1-5 seconds long in photoshop so all I had to do was export all of her photoshop files and then import them into After Effects. After I did that I then added a mask to the composition and feathered it out so that it creates a frame effect and it also adds attention to the character, plus it also created a different feel to the animation because it makes it look darker than what it actually is. (the gif has changed the colours in this)

Dazed gave us two different logos to use in are animations however we only used one of them because it fitted are animations a lot better than the other on did. I added the logo to the end of each video but I slightly changed the inside of the logo a bit by adding a fractal noise to it and animating the fractal noise so that it moves inside the logo.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment