Tuesday 22 March 2016

Responsive: Collaboration Practise- Deciding a Brief

For the collaboration part of this module we have to work with other people across the courses with Illustration and Graphic Design, and also work on a live brief in the real industry through D&AD or YCN. Are tutors told us to go away and look at al the briefs on their website and pick one or two that we'd like to do and then product a board with shows are best work that represents us so we can show off to the rest the courses.

We had a massive lecture which projected everyones work so that we could see what people could do and who we'd like to work with. Some peoples work I liked but no one really grabbed my attention and plus most people said on their boards that they'd only like to work with Illustrators and graphic Designers, which for me being an animator wasn't that good. However none of this really mattered because after the lecture had finished we all went into the cafe area and there where tables spread out with all the briefs on them so that we could go to the table that had are brief we liked and see other people who also chose the same brief as we did. This helped me pick a partner easier because there where less people to choose from. The brief that I chose was called 'DAZDE' and it was about making videos which showed independence, so I wanted partners that new a lot of film and cinematography. At the table where the brief was there were four Animators and only two Illustrators so we divided are selves into two teams of three with two Animators and One Illustrator to each team, this meant that I was working with Malachi, who I was already working with in a different module, and Olivia the Illustrator. I was happy with the team because I already knew how Malachi works and Olivia is a good character designer so we knew what role she would be having.

Within the team we had different role to do, Malachi and Olivia where the character designers and animators while I was the person doing the post production, but I also did a bit of animating myself because I wanted to a bit of stop motion animation using newspaper cut outs, but I'll tell you more about are ideas later on.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment