Thursday 3 March 2016

Responsive: Another Onform Sketch

 For the new Onform Sketch I had a few ideas go through my head like maybe drawing a skull on top of the shape, or drawing the shape into a nose however when I look on the website to look at other peoples sketches I saw that most of my initial ideas had been taken.

After looking back at the shape I realised that the shape kind of looks like the shape of the aliens head off of the film 'Alien'. So I decided to go with that idea and draw the shape into the aliens head, I started to do the outline of the aliens head but it didn't look quite right. Thinking about this problem made me think about doing the drawing with just using the colour white, using this colour I also dropped the opacity of the brush just so that I could add shadows to the drawing.

This took me a long time to do because I had to figure out the positioning of the mouth and how far back the mouth will open, whilst adding detail to the mouth. I also tweaked the shape a bit so that I could make the mouth the right size and so it looks like the alien from'Alien'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment