Monday 23 February 2015

Introduction to Maya 3D Modelling Software

Throughout this project we've been introduced to a new animation software called Maya, which is a 3D modelling software.

Just to get us used to Maya we had to model a truck, which you can see on the left. Are tutor gave us a complicated guide to follow throughout the process of modelling it. We got left to do it on our own so my experience with Maya was hard at first but when I got use to it got easier to understand.

After we had finished to modelling stage we then had to put different materials to the truck, so I had fun making the truck drive on water and have a see through trailer on the back of the truck.
Afterwards we then had to create our own model with a toy or object we have. With my own object I decided to model a toy tank that I have back home but my maya skills aren't great enough to figure out how to put the army cammo on the tank. I also wanted to make the back of the tank to shape downwards because thats what my to tank does.


No comments:

Post a Comment